Looking for a Hi-Saturn

Buy, sell, trade, and beg for games in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Thomas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Looking for a Hi-Saturn

Postby Thomas » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:31 pm

Bought a crapload of Saturn games during my stay in Japan but forgot to buy a system to play them on (-_-#) anyone? EDIT: Hello all btw (^_^;) Discovered this site + forum yesterday and it seems like a really nice place with nice ppl! I'm nice too so I'll stay, haha.
Dream is sweet, But, the real is sour and bitter. Our life is very like grapefruit. Don't you think so? -Maaya Sakamoto

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:54 pm

Nope, sorry. You can get one at http://www.videogameimports.com/ , but it's gonna cost you :) Welcome to the board btw.

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:49 pm

any specific reason why you want a hi saturn? If your just looking to play the games then you should just pick up a nice white system for about 60.00, where a hi saturn will cost you over 300.00. You could even get the sleek clear derby saturn for about 80.00. Hi saturn is really onjly good if you want to play games in yer car.

Thomas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Thomas » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:37 pm

A Hi-Saturn isn't that expensive, there is one on eBay right now for $150 but they go for much less in Japan. I think you're confused with the Hi-Saturn Navi, which is something different altogether. Anyway, I prefer a Hi-Saturn over other models because it looks downright slick and has mpeg playback as standard; something I'd like my Saturn to have since I picked up Lunar mpeg by accident. The latter is just an excuse though, it's al about the looks for me (^_^)
Dream is sweet, But, the real is sour and bitter.
Our life is very like grapefruit. Don't you think so?
-Maaya Sakamoto

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:44 am

Thomas: Welcome to the board... and yes, you're right. The HiSaturn is really not that much more expensive than a normal saturn in japan... well, considering you can get a normal Saturn used for 1000 yen, it is a bit more expensive, but shouldn't run $150. The thing that will kill you is shipping...costs about 6000 yen to ship a system to the US/UK, which you'll have to pay for somewhere...whether you buy it in the UK or not. My best advice is to by a cheap Saturn w/ a 4-in-1 cart, and just play the waiting game on the (slick) HiSaturn.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:42 am

unless you have Hitachi Karaoke unit don't see why you want Hi-Saturn as it's basically same as any other Saturn. For VCD support you can get JVC Twin Operator that not only works with NTSC/PAL VCD but PhotoCD as well... this remind me to get rid of as many Saturn as I can from my collection since I've been stock piling on 'em instead of selling... and avoid any more hassle from missus. :p Don't you guys who married have same problem? :) cheers
Image My VGA Store http://www.videogameauctions.co.uk/shops/dj898

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:57 pm

I think you're missing one of his points.
Anyway, I prefer a Hi-Saturn over other models because it looks downright slick
As for the married thing... as long as it fits in my room, my wife is pretty cool with it. I've got a PS2 in the big room, and that's about it. I don't go out much these days, nor spend money on much else, so she lets me slide. I assume when I'm out of Japan, I will be spending next to nothing on it, save a few new games a month... I'm going a bit nuts with it right now though. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:58 am

hmmm... M1 Hi-Saturn has different colour scheme to normal grey one and M2 also in black compared to normal White or grey V-Saturn. IMHO the white looks quite nice followed by V-Saturn. I'm not keen on the black colour though... Saying that if I ever see Hitachi Karaoke unit I will buy Hi-Saturn to get the matching colour. :p cheers

Return to “Buy & Sell”