Shit that makes me LOL

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:37 am

What about Soka Gakkai?

Me and a friend were asked on a double date by these two chicks once, which of course we didn't refuse, but instead of getting laid it turned out they only wanted to convert us. O_O

Like some idiots we had given them our cell numbers as well, so it was really hard to shake them off.

"nontheist" is a real word, btw. ;)

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:16 am

Gaijin Punch wrote: Similar to how I try to never buy from online shops that have such shitty CGI. Seriously, what the fuck, Japan? This site is 100x more advanced than most online Japanese sites. Amazon.co.jp (which isn't really Japanese) is the only one I can think of that's not.

I've always wondered this myself. Especially considering how advanced Japan is with their internet hookups. Pretty weird.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:35 am

@CIT

Didn't know that was a word. It just kind of popped into my head. Their not atheist. Not agnostic. Just kind of "whatever".

Sounds like a nice little horror story you got there. A friend of mine I play poker with is a complete slut. He's a few years my senior, and always has new pictures of women in compromising poses (you can rarely make out their faces) on his mobile phone. He was going off last night about this complete psycho he hooked up with. Exchanged emails, looked good. Met her, she flipped out and left, then started sending apologies before she got home saying she'd do anything for him. O_O

@kej

There's a few big question marks of Japan. Yes, 1, why do almost all Japanese websites absolutely SUCK in terms of programming? There are some really, really piss poor ones out there. The obvious answer is b/c they're so late to jump into the online game. Even some "official" sites are terrible. Most shops consist of a non-updated database of stock, in which you have to submit a request to check if it's available.

The other is why they're so opposed to forums other than 2ch. Most all forums are actually BBS' with archaic software. Painful for searching, and really, really messy. They also don't seem to open up to them. I mean look at Magata Banana... a great site for shooting games, yet only a few people speak up in the forum. I got quite a few hits on the Japanese pages from Japanese IPs, but almost zero traffic in the forum.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:12 am

Yeah, the Japanese forums are another great example. I used to be active on some Japanese BBS boards (with some top JP shmup players) about 4 years back. Hated the archaic system they used, but the discussions they had were really excellent, in-depth gameplay stuff, the kind of stuff I've never seen on 2ch. The problem is they would randomly just shut the whole thing down every 6 months and start it up again on some other random website. It was like finding a needle in a haystack, and after awhile I pretty much gave up the hunt. Fortunately I downloaded the whole message archive from one of the last sites just before it shut down (they put it up for download a few days before shut down), it has over 1000 pages of discussion by top JP players. I should dig that up again.

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:38 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Sounds like a nice little horror story you got there. A friend of mine I play poker with is a complete slut. He's a few years my senior, and always has new pictures of women in compromising poses (you can rarely make out their faces) on his mobile phone. He was going off last night about this complete psycho he hooked up with. Exchanged emails, looked good. Met her, she flipped out and left, then started sending apologies before she got home saying she'd do anything for him. O_O

I had two other run-ins with psycho-chicks in Japan. One of them called me at three in the morning, asking me to protect her from an ex-boyfriend who was supposedly stalking her. This was after I'd known her for like a day, no less. O_o

Seems I attract weirdos for some reason. Luckily I was able to shake them off without too much trouble though.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:54 am

Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:15 am

ZebraAirforce
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby ZebraAirforce » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:32 am

Gaijin Punch said:
I apparently pissed off some people.

Well, that's what you get you white-ass cracker!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:57 am

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:51 am

You are not the father --> Old, and still as funny as the first time I saw it.

Miss South Carolina (The hamsters stop running)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:36 am

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Miss South Carolina (The hamsters stop running)

Priceless!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:28 pm

Dude, she's ALL over the internet. It's unbelievable. Bush Vs. Miss South Carolina, the song inspired by her, Jimmy Kimmel disecting her speech. Lambasted...and nothing less.

ZebraAirforce
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby ZebraAirforce » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:43 am

Bush Vs. Miss South Carolina
This was really, really funny. How could anyone vote for that retard? TWICE??
"It's like doing speed... It sounds fun b/c everyone is doing it, and then you're like, 'what the fuck!?'"

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 pm

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:31 pm

Awesome, that logo designer has a great sense of humor. Hope to see more from him.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Haha... American box art. :)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:27 am

NSFW ads and of course, language
Mike Tyson's Greatest Moments

ZebraAirforce
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby ZebraAirforce » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:20 pm

"It's like doing speed... It sounds fun b/c everyone is doing it, and then you're like, 'what the fuck!?'"

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 am

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:32 am

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 am

This makes me LOL the same way I do when someone kicks me in the balls w/ steel tip boots.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=USDJPY=X

Please buy games from me.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:02 am

This makes me really damn happy:

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/conve ... it=Convert

And you shoulda seen back in 2002-2004 when the AUD was like 0.5 of the US dollar. Oh damn did I ever waste shitloads of money.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:07 am

Yeah, but it doesn't hurt me when I buy luxuries, it hurts me when I live and breathe. I get paid in USD... true, I enjoyed it for a while, but not that long. It was only at 123 for a few months. My salary was changed to dollar when the yen was strong though, so technically I'm still ahead. I'd rather be "more aheader" though.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:32 pm

Return to “Everything Else”