Give me some good site names

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Give me some good site names

Postby JoshF » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 am

Thinking about finally changing the name of my site so I can cover non-Sega stuff (damn you Recap). Can anyone think of a cool name for an arcade/action game-centered site?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:55 am

Hmm... I'll just open my mouth and late fate take over the rest.

JoshF's arcade game-centered site
Game Center Center
Game Center Central
Damn you, Recap
Gesen Tatecho
Credit Feed
Rencoin (Credit feed in Japanese)
No Continues
Dip Switch
Fucked up Kick Harness (or just Kick Harness)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 pm

I decided on "MegaShock!". "Damn You, Recap" was a close second.

mog123
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby mog123 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:57 pm

I'd vote on "Damn You, Recap" personally.
Check out my GBA game in development : 窶戲窶「ツィナ津ェ

Recap
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Recap » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 pm

JoshF wrote:"Damn You, Recap" was a close second.

Can't go wrong with that if you're after site popularity, no wonder.

I like "Megashock!", but it's a bit too Neo Geo-ish, I'm afraid. Anyhow, I don't see too much of an issue with "Sega Fans" as long as you start adding standard articles on games unrelated to Sega and their systems. It's the premise what I found quite lame in this day and age. (But not really -- "quite lame", period).

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:18 pm

I'm guessing Josh was going for some connection with Alien Soldier's "VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK!" mixed with the obvious Mega Drive reference but yeah, it comes off too close to the Neo Geo moniker.

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 pm

It's supposed to sound like Neo Geo, that's where it comes from. It's action-y. The system isn't praised because of Stakes Winner.

. Anyhow, I don't see too much of an issue with "Sega Fans" as long as you start adding standard articles on games unrelated to Sega and their systems.
That's going to happen now. Right now I'm working on an Undercover Cops guide. You probably hate this idea, but yeah, I'll try and couple it with a review. I do have some ideas for some articles (like explaining the difference between Japanese and American approaches to coin-op (comparing stuff like Lethal Enforcers with Revolution X, lol), why 2d shooting games rule, etc. but I've never written an article before so it seems kinda daunting. The name change/broader focus might even help me recruit some cool dudes so there's a reason to check the site more than twice a year. Macaw? O_O

Now that I'm trying to spend every waking moment with a sketchpad, I don't know what year any of this is going to get done. I wish writing came as easy to me as is apparently does to Recap.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Sounds interesting. I'd love to see a nice archive of differences between regional versions... for arcade & consumer games alike.

I recently nabbed an Undercover Cops flyer if you want a scan. It is all kinds of cool.

If you need any help, doesn't hesitate to ask.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:58 am

That would be coolio and the blowfish if you could give me a HQ scan. Is it the same one that's on arcadeflyers?

Here's another good flyer site: http://gamedic.jpn.org/

I'd love to see a nice archive of differences between regional versions.

Semi-topical: The Japanese version of Combatribes was finally dumped. I'm guessing this version is actually playable.

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:26 am

JoshF wrote:The name change/broader focus might even help me recruit some cool dudes so there's a reason to check the site more than twice a year. Macaw?

Always a chance for me to write stuff for your site, just be warned I am damn lazy.

JoshF wrote:Semi-topical: The Japanese version of Combatribes was finally dumped. I'm guessing this version is actually playable.

Actually no, its jacked. There is NO health gain after stages with the default dips. Unless maybe mame got the default dips wrong, but who knows.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:18 am

Also:

Kaitei Daisensou manga starring the heroes from Undercover Cops? I need this.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 am

The Game Dictionary site is great. I use it as reference a lot if I'm looking for something that I'm not sure exists (flyer wise).

The UC flyer is the same one on Arcade Flyers. I might have a 2nd one around here if you're interested in more than a scan.

Return to “Everything Else”