I won a trip to Tokyo...

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Thomas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

I won a trip to Tokyo...

Postby Thomas » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:05 pm

Just got a phone call from Corbis that I won a long weekend (3 nights, hotel inclusive) to Tokyo for 2 persons with my i-mode cellphone (we have i-mode as well here in the Netherlands). I've just spend one month in Japan this spring and now I'll go again :S anyway, since I didn't have any time to shop around last time (I had a Japanese girlfriend then) I wanted to make up for that this time. Any recommendations?
Dream is sweet, But, the real is sour and bitter. Our life is very like grapefruit. Don't you think so? -Maaya Sakamoto

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:31 pm

Well, if you want games - Akihabara is the place to go. Congrats on the trip. ;) I wonder if you could throw a few days in at your own expense. 3-days is a short time after travelling halfway across the world.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Thomas
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Thomas » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:45 pm

I've been to Akihabara before but apparentely I missed all the good stuff (didn't see any Traders, only Softmaps) + I lost my way all the time. Any shops I should look for in particular? And yeah, it's kinda strange to go all the way to Tokyo from here for only a weekend (somewhat longer, we land on friday and leave on monday)... a JAL ticket alone costs $1300 a person. But given the fact that my girlfriend and I are kinda short on cash and time in August we're pretty okay with it.
Dream is sweet, But, the real is sour and bitter.
Our life is very like grapefruit. Don't you think so?
-Maaya Sakamoto

CaptainAmazing
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby CaptainAmazing » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:13 pm

Congrats, thats awesome man.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:33 pm

Trader 2 is what you should be looking for. I really should add a map of Akihabara to the site. It's a few stores behind the Sega Hightech Land you see when you hit the main street. It's got a lot of rare games, and some of their prices are fair. Medialand has tons of rare games, but almost all of their prices are extremely unfair. :) Well, I do hope you enjoy the quick trip, even if it is just in and out.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

delafro
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby delafro » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:40 am

Have a blast dude... also, for new stuff, don't forget to check out some of the large chains (Yodobashi, etc.), although of course it's more fun in Akiba. GP, I've seen guidemaps for Akihabara around before (I guess that it would have to be at the station), so that might be a start. If people on the board work together to keep it up to date, it could definitely become a really cool feature.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:21 am

There's actually a few online ones I'd steal and edit. ;)

oceanfr
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby oceanfr » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:34 pm

Im going there in a few days, though I have to spend some $

virtual alan
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Re: I won a trip to Tokyo...

Postby virtual alan » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:31 am

Thomas wrote:Just got a phone call from Corbis that I won a long weekend (3 nights, hotel inclusive) to Tokyo for 2 persons with my i-mode cellphone (we have i-mode as well here in the Netherlands). I've just spend one month in Japan this spring and now I'll go again :S anyway, since I didn't have any time to shop around last time (I had a Japanese girlfriend then) I wanted to make up for that this time. Any recommendations?
Damn students :x No really.....what a real result Is strange as a lot of promotions normally use Europe/USA for trips......way cool for Japan Have fun again ;)

Return to “Everything Else”