Red State (Kevin Smith 2011)

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Red State (Kevin Smith 2011)

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:24 pm

IMDB

A horror film in which a group of misfits encounter fundamentalism gone to the extreme in Middle America.

Did I go through a wormhole?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:48 pm

How is this not a documentary?

I'm pretty tired of partisan political sniping here in the States, and constantly marvel at how otherwise moderately intelligent adults are reduced to squabbling five-year-olds in defense of their Redness or Blueness. That said, Smith's got a sufficiently satirical streak he lets shine every now and then, and he restored my faith in his particular brand of comedy with Zack and Mirri. It'll be interesting to see if he can make something smart with the theme.
You also distaste me with passion!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 am

Well, after watching the trailer it doesn't look funny at all (although he's obviously making fun of the fact that religious fundamentalists are generally found in traditional red states).

On a side note, I agree w/ you that the bipartisan crap should stop, but it's still easier to make fun of the right. I don't see this changing for quite some time. If we're looking at the extremes, they are the clear winners of looney tunes. The center-right & center-left are simply not easy targets. The far right put the mental in fundamental.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Didn't even know there was a trailer--I really need to start checking links more thoroughly.
You also distaste me with passion!

Return to “Everything Else”