Help me find a font for the logo

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Help me find a font for the logo

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:21 pm

I'm just not pleased with Arial Black... trying to find a font to change the logo in the forums and the front page, but am just freakin' sick of looking, and can't decide. I'm picky as shit, and will probably not go with anything. :( It needs to be print, and something "similar" to Arial, Tahoma, etc. If I use it, I'll give you a prize.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Schmeetz
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Schmeetz » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:37 pm

what do you mean it needs to be print? As in, postscript? I'll look around a lil' bit, you want to keep the sizes and the stripe as-is or are you changing it all together (so I can keep that in mind)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:28 pm

I will change it altogether most likely. When I say "print" I mean it needs to be a non-cursive font. It should be relatively 'subtle' like Tahoma, Verdana, etc., but of course, not any of those. :) You don't have to make the logo... I just need a very useable font. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:58 pm

Well, if you're so picky, then wouldn't it be best to draw the logo yourself? :roll:

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:30 am

Yeah... but that takes ages. If it comes down to it, I might, but I can't imagine that happening any time too soon. :)

Return to “Everything Else”