Paypal and Japanese Bank

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Paypal and Japanese Bank

Postby SuperDeadite » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:32 am

Total n00b question, but how do I setup a Paypal account with a local Japanese bank? LOL.
Stronger then your average deadite

Magic Knight
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Re: Paypal and Japanese Bank

Postby Magic Knight » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 am

I have my Paypal account set up so that I can withdraw to my local Japanese bank, I don't recall there being any great difficulty with it. If I'm paying though, the money comes through my debit card which is issued by a bank in Wales. I couldn't add my Japanese credit card to it, and I can't change my Paypal address to my new address, which causes all kinds of problems.

How are you looking to set it up?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 am

Just do add bank account and bob's your uncle. Pretty sure you can do it from any PP account. You just have to be withdrawing yen.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Kaneda
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby Kaneda » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm

wtf...I was just googling this then gave up and decided to take a break and check the forums...and here we are.

I added my japanese bank account info into paypal and have tried transferring money from paypal to the bank and it gets denied every time due to "invalid information". Not sure what the problem is, although I suspect it might be a slight difference in the katakana spelling of my name? I typed what was on the card but its hard to tell if the small ュ in my name is big or small on my card and I don't want to keep losing 300 yen with each trial and error change. Not sure what to do...

I'm using Mitsubishi btw.

Magic Knight
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Magic Knight » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Are you able to transfer to your Mitsubishi account from overseas? I can transfer to my Japanese accounts from my Irish account no problem, using my real name (as opposed to the katakana name). Also, with my bank accounts at least, there are no small characters, even the small ッs are big ツs. I think that might be the way with everyone.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:11 am

I have only set up my Japan Net Bank account, and I don't remember any issue with it at all. Did you try contacting Paypal? Probably better if you contact your bank and have some type of stress-relief ball for the ensuing antics.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Everything Else”