Sakura Taisen playguide

Questions and comments about living in Japan, chit-chat, or whatever else goes in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Suetonius
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Sakura Taisen playguide

Postby Suetonius » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:46 am

Do any of you guys know where I can find a Sakura Taisen guide in English? (ie for the original Sakura Taisen) thanx :-)
"Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum Benedicta tu in mullieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei Ora pro Nobis, peccatoribus Nunc et in hora mortis nostr"

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:16 am

There are translations at Gamefaqs. Is that what you're looking for?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:48 pm

A fellow named Kayama has done some VERY excellent translations of the first four games, complete with all the choices available during almost every LIPS scene. Highly recommended, and probably the closest we'll ever come to getting the game in English (although FUNimation has reportedly been trying to gauge consumer interest on possible PC localizations of the games, so there's still some hope left...)

Strychnine
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby Strychnine » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:28 pm

Greatsaintlouis wrote:A fellow named Kayama has done some VERY excellent translations of the first four games, complete with all the choices available during almost every LIPS scene. Highly recommended, and probably the closest we'll ever come to getting the game in English (although FUNimation has reportedly been trying to gauge consumer interest on possible PC localizations of the games, so there's still some hope left...)
Hmm. Maybe I shall get around to playing the these games...you know...since I actually bought them in a DC-death enduced nerd-frenzy. When the red haze cleared I was left with a lot of games that I paid too much for and never got around to playing. Do I like strategy games and dating sims?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:54 pm

I hate dating sims, and am not that experienced with strategy games. Somehow, these got me. THe thing I don't like is, that the first two games that capture the whole Japanese theme to them, have the crappiest strategy portion. The 3rd game is set in France, but gets a much-needed boost to the action scenes. Haven't played 4 yet. :/
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Suetonius
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Suetonius » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:52 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:I hate dating sims
Some dating sims are ok. I like it how Japanese Anime girls act so eccentric (eg screaming and over-reacting.)
"Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum Benedicta tu in mullieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei Ora pro Nobis, peccatoribus Nunc et in hora mortis nostr"

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:30 am

Yeah, but I hate how the guy never gets laid. O_o

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:30 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:I hate dating sims, and am not that experienced with strategy games. Somehow, these got me. THe thing I don't like is, that the first two games that capture the whole Japanese theme to them, have the crappiest strategy portion. The 3rd game is set in France, but gets a much-needed boost to the action scenes. Haven't played 4 yet. :/
never played 3rd game though played 1st and bit of 2nd. maybe I should check out the 3rd one... missus is playing PS2 port in Korean that I got it for her... also got her episode 0 though she hasn't played it yet...
Image My VGA Store http://www.videogameauctions.co.uk/shops/dj898

SuperDeadite
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby SuperDeadite » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:35 am

In my opinion ST3 is the best one. I thought 1 and 2 were kinda fun but they didn't really do much for me. (One big reason is because Iris just pissed me off so much) However I decided I'd give it another go and went with 3. Its hard to describe why, but 3's cast and overal "feel" just seem so much more fun to me. Hell I liked it so much I actually bought the PS2 port for some reason. The cast also got me to play ST4 and Mysterious Paris. I would personally not recommend ST5 though unless you're a big fan of the series, the game just tries way too hard to be American :roll:
Stronger then your average deadite

Return to “Everything Else”