FRIENDS Game Shop in Akihabara

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Jesse

FRIENDS Game Shop in Akihabara

Postby Jesse » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi, I just wanted to submit some more info on the store Friends you have listed in your Akiba map. Not only does it contain many classic cartridges, but one floor is all VG/EX condition Japanese game guides. Perfect for completists and reasonably priced if they have more than one copy of something. You can pick up Mother guides for a mere $5 at times.

When I was there last (Dec. 2004) it appeared that they had just moved and still had some boxes to unpack on one floor. I'm sure whatever they've put out since then has been excellent. A really fun store to spend an hour in if you need a break.

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:49 pm

GP and I actually went there in February. They still have unpacked boxes everywhere. :D

I find the prices and selection just okay, but the stuff there is always in top-notch condition. Their "premium cabinet" is really impressive as well.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:36 am

When I first went there in September, they seemed to be competitively priced, but this last trip in February left me rather flat. They have a nice selection of premium games, but nothing that you couldn't get at Super Potatoe much cheaper. They had the Magical Drop 2 Bunka Housou version for 98,000 yen... Trader 2 has had it for 70,000 yen and less for quite some time now, and the demand seems to be getting lower and lower.

Return to “Site Feedback”