Site statistics....

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Site statistics....

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:09 am

Nice being on a pay-domain. You get all types of statistics that you'd never know. The highest external referrer was Insert Credit (thanks for the plug, Recap). The admin of Danmakugata actually posted on the front page that we moved, and I got 207 hits from there (was pretty flattered by this one. He said he read JG quite a bit). Only got a mere 95 htis from smups, and 68 from Digital Press. There's a mish-mash from other foreign-language sites as well.

Here's the funniest one though:

The Search Query Report shows the queries that your sites visitors have sent
to search engines to find your site. This only lists queries for search engines
that have been defined and that provide this information in their referrer data.
This report is useful in determining what keyword and which search engines refer
visitors to your site. This report shows the first 30 results by number of requests. This report is sorted by number of requests

1: gamengai
2: japanese pissing

;)

nem
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nem » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:34 am

2006-02-25. Man, Japan was cold. All you kids form the northern parts of the US would probably laugh, but there was some pretty sick weather on my recent trip. I did want a change of pace, and I sure got one. ... were a nightmare. Pissing down rain and just above freezing ... were a nightmare. Pissing down rain and just above freezing ... were a nightmare. Pissing down rain and just above freezing ...

Ah, the magic of search engines.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:37 pm

I'm going to have to incorporate weird stuff like that in all the entries now. :)

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Wow, these guys must've been searching for Japanese pissing forever before finding a Japanese-sounding title like this site (since I can't seem to find Gamengai in the first 100 entries...). Anyway, I hear this type of hokey stuff is actually quite common to search results for sites.

Return to “Site Feedback”