New look

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

New look

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:37 pm

Main site has a new look. Roughly the same feel, but a bit "tighter". I like it better. The popout menu up top was a slut. Didn't get it perfect, but it should be okay as it is.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm

Nice, were you going for the blog look? Anyway, the bars on the side make me feel like I'm looking at a 3:4 page in yoko mode. :)

Just a question I've always wondered: to do the multi-language thing, every field on the site has 2 sets of data toggled with the "l" variable, right?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:24 pm

Was just going for something that took up less space. I always thought the logo was too simple (which I liked) to be on such a big page.

As for the multi-language thing. Yes, your language is decided by the "l" variable (usually GET). If it's not there, it defaults to English. And yes, everything has two sets of data (except for the articles and the translation section). Actually I never went back and did all the games' descriptions. I've added a few, but only a very small few. For new material, I do however, post everything in both.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:55 am

The new look is great. ;)

Steve(n)
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Steve(n) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:06 am

Nice.

Don't worry, when you see my page, you'll laugh at how basic and amateur-ish it looks. It'll look like a page from 1996 I reckon :P

But thats fine with me. As long as I can get my ramblings across cyberspace in a spot I can call my own -- I'll be more than happy :)

Return to “Site Feedback”