Pc-engine section

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

RadiantSvgun
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Pc-engine section

Postby RadiantSvgun » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Even though your PC-engine section is already pretty kick-ass, can I do some more reviews of pc-engine games? And with some that had a US and JPN release, explain the differences?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:26 am

Just depends what I run into that's interesting. I never play the US releases though, so can't really comment on those unless someone tells me about them.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:43 am

I'd like to do the US version stuff. But I would have to use images off the net, since I don't have anything to scan the manuals and covers.

But yeah, if you want some second reviews of some PC-engine titles, let me know. I've also got a lot of the english-friendly stuff, so that might help some of the users.

RadiantSvgun
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby RadiantSvgun » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:44 am

Anonymous wrote:I'd like to do the US version stuff. But I would have to use images off the net, since I don't have anything to scan the manuals and covers.

But yeah, if you want some second reviews of some PC-engine titles, let me know. I've also got a lot of the english-friendly stuff, so that might help some of the users.

Sorry, I forgot to log in again O_o

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:36 am

Right now the site only supports 1 or 2 cover scans... no screen scans. And, I've also got an amazingly strict policy on the quality of scans that now go into the site, so stuff nabbed off the net won't really work. ;)

In fact, I spend more time upgrading scans now than I do adding games. Also, the number of quality titles that haven't been added is somewhat slow. I don't get too excited to add mediocre stuff, ya know.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Speaking of the PC Engine section, is there any possibility for you to include a system search in your auction listing links?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Which page are you referring to specifically?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm referring to your "search" page. You know the one where you can click on a box and a list of games for consoles drops down, and then the list of games from a-z pops up.

I think you should implement the same thing you've done with the video game search feature, but add systems.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:58 am

Aaah.. Yeah, that's not out of the question, just never got around to it. Those lists were populated by software lists that I translated. I'm working on the PS2 one now (I'm somehwere around March of 2006) so it's coming along. Just taking forever.

Return to “Site Feedback”