What system should be added to the YJ Auction Assistant?

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

PC-Engine / Turbo Duo
29%
Super Famicom
57%
N64
No votes
PC-FX (it's short and sweet!)
14%
Sega Master System
No votes

Total votes: 7

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:52 am

The Saturn and MegaDrive sections are up, and should be fairly complete. If you don't get hits, it's most likely due to an error in spelling... all normal releases for both systems should be in there.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:10 am

I'd probably do Snes first and than PC Engine later. The last 3 choices probably aren't worth the bother as there not a lot of good import games for the systems to warrant doing them.

Bighab
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Bighab » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:16 am

How about doing the Famicom section. I have started getting into importing Famicom games and it would be a help. :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:44 am

Well, I'm about 65% done w/ the PC-Engine list, so that one is next. That also includes CDs and SCDs... technically it's all one system. I'll be putting those two togethr on the site one day as well. I might do Famicom, but I assume Super Famicom will go first... more interest for myself, and I would assume other members.... I'll get to the FC though... one day.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:53 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Well, I'm about 65% done w/ the PC-Engine list, so that one is next. That also includes CDs and SCDs... technically it's all one system. I'll be putting those two togethr on the site one day as well. I might do Famicom, but I assume Super Famicom will go first... more interest for myself, and I would assume other members.... I'll get to the FC though... one day.
It's really debatable from one person to the next whether there's more interest in Famicom or Super Famicom. I personally care more for Famicom stuff more myself.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:03 pm

I'm simply going off of what I've been nagged for the most.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:39 am

Done and done. PC-Engine (Hucards, CDs, SCDs, and SGX) are now searchable. I hope you guys find something good! As usual, report any weirdness here. I think it should be fairly accurate though. Here's a [url=http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/auction_search_select.cgi]link[/url] for those that forgot.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:12 am

I ran a few tests for you and came across the following. I tried Legend of Heroes, Art of Fighting, Auleria, fatal fury, spatterhouse, martial Champions, and Ninja Gaiden and nothing came up. Babel doesn't have the Japanese name.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:03 pm

Azazel wrote:I ran a few tests for you and came across the following. I tried Legend of Heroes, Art of Fighting, Auleria, fatal fury, spatterhouse, martial Champions, and Ninja Gaiden and nothing came up. Babel doesn't have the Japanese name.
Legend of Heroes = Eiyuu Densetsu Art of Fighting = Ryuuko no Ken Auleria = will have to check the list... it might've gotten left out. Fatal Fury = Garou Densetsu Splatterhouse was entered as two words (fixed) Martial Champions -- I'm sure has a Japanese name Ninja Gaiden = Ninja Ryuukenden Babel official title is "BABEL" in full-width Romaji. Doesn't necessarily mean that's what people type it as though. For now, I've only translated the list. I'll have to check case by case what is used more. Romaji, or Katakana. Tatsujin is another one like that. The official title is "TATSUJIN" although they sometimes enter it in katakana on YJ. Thanks for the input. I know that the "American" names will come in handy, but people will have to live w/ the "pure" version... at least for a while.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:06 pm

I might of mis romanjied a few titles when I ran those tests like Ninja Ryukenden plus some titles could be romanzied a few different ways. :( I think you know what I was getting at for the american names. I don't remember the actual Japanese for Auleria but it's full title translates to Stange Blue World of Auleria. Also for Auleria it's starts out with a Katakana O not A if I remember right, but it does have it spelled out as romanized Auleria on the CD case. I'm pretty sure Martial Champions was written in Katakana so maybe you missed a title? I mentioned Babel as I remember tring to get some info on the title at one time and couldn't find much of anything. mostly all I found was the old 8 bit Namco game. Although if I entered it in Katakana I got much better searching results. I'm not sure if any other title might have problems like that?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:22 pm

Well, I get 7 hits when searching for "BABEL" in full-width romaji, but got 9-10 when searching in Katakana. Most of them have it listed as both. For most of the games, I"ll probably have it search Katakana by default. I ran this search on Google which is BABEL in full-width, then "PCエンジン" and it turns up quite a few hits. EDIT: I fixed Martial Champion. I spelled it "Marshal" like an idiot. If you enter nothing in the blank and hit enter, it'll show the whole list (of all three systems). I should probably make it able to show just one systems list of games.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:16 am

I tried to use the MD search engine, but only saturn games turned up... :?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:26 pm

When was this? The search isn't limited to any one specific machine. You can search for Mario Bros. on Saturn if you want.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:37 pm

I didn't enter any game.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:21 am

That's the problem. Null will return ALL hits -- IE, every game for Saturn, Megadrive, and PC-Engine. The reason you only see Saturn games is b/c they're the first ones put in the database. By selecting a system, you're only affecting the URL generated, there's no effect on what game names come up on the next page.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Something's wrong. Nothing turns up, no matter what I write.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:38 pm

Yeah, it's been that way for awhile now...

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:07 am

I will look into it. Been busy w/ a lot of updates.
FYI -- you can get a YJ link on any game from it's data page, you know.

Oops... forgot to copy that table over from the old DB. O_o

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:27 am

Fixed

Limbrooke
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Limbrooke » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:02 pm

I really didn't want to register, all the same, it's almost if you don't want people to find the area for Yahoo Bidding Service. I've looked, and needless to say it's well hidden. Not even any of the update emails that are mass mailed contain any links.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:58 pm

it's almost if you don't want people to find the area for Yahoo Bidding Service.

Well... I don't, now. That part of the site isn't for just anyone (anymore), hence, why it's so hidden. In fact, on the next update it will probably be password protected. :x

If it's any condolence, it has been broken for a while (since I moved the site to a dedicated server) due to encoding issues. I just got it working like 2 weeks ago tops.

Limbrooke
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Limbrooke » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:01 am

Well, last I checked, I already had an account, so it's not exactly off limits. I get the regular update mass mailings, but no address...
At least I've found it. Only problem now is I forgot my username... EDIT: Nevermind.

Return to “Site Feedback”