FM Town sections

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

FM Town sections

Postby Azazel » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:40 am

Do you still have interest in those few Marty game I have for adding it to the site. I tihnk I have 3 that aren't on the site if I remember right.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:49 am

Yeah, sure. I'll add anything to the FM_Towns section, as it's a bit bare. Just scane 'em, write a bit, and send them over!
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Sun May 02, 2004 10:34 pm

Do you still have that scan of Bible Master? I checked and I think my scanner no longer works with XP. I have to check with who made it but I think it might have issues with XP. I also don't know of anyone that has a scanner so you might be lot of luck.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon May 03, 2004 12:19 am

I think I do somewhere.... it's not going to do much good unless I get a writeup for the game, or get Unz to work, which will take some effort on my part. :) Who made your Scanner? The name should be on it somewhere I would think. Pending them still being in business, I doubt it would be hard to find the latest drivers.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Mon May 03, 2004 1:04 am

Okay I just thought I would check on that. I'll give you a write up on it later or whenever the next time your going to update so just let me know when? I think the scanner is made by Epson if I remember right. I tried downloading the latest driver from there website and it still doesn't work. I'll probably email them about it and see what they tell me. I kind of have an older one so I'm sure if they still support it or not. I'll find out soon enough I guess. As for playing it you have to play it on the Marty. There's problems with playing it on UNZ. Didn't you say that you had problems getting UNZ to work? Personally if you did have problems getting it to work there's no way you'll get this to work on it. I'll explain this to later through email as other FM Town games have the same problems. You'll understand later why.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue May 04, 2004 1:56 am

I've not tried it out (at all). I didn't think it was Marty compatible though. I might give it a whirl, although I'd probably rather play Emerald Dragon. I'll try to get Unz going first, as those RPGs just kill my eyes.

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Tue May 04, 2004 4:29 am

It does play on the Marty. It even says so on the box and the game is 2 MB so it plays but kind of slow. I still need to get a guide for it as I'm not sure what to do in the beginning. I can get into battles but that is all. It's kind of a stalemate between me and the enemies army. I'm hoping that Glodia Memorial or whatever the site is called is going to cover the game down the road. I found one other site that has a little info on the game but it hasn't helped me much. Just has the stats, items and info on the forts from what I remember. I think all 5 or 6 of the Glodia games will work on the Marty but will play kind of slow. I'm still waiting on getting a hold of Emerald Dragon so I can play the superior version of it. I just beat it for the third time less than a month ago. Bible Master probably isn't your kind of game. You'd probably enjoy Emerald Dragon or Vain Dream 1 if you find it a lot more.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed May 05, 2004 3:29 am

Ooohh, I'd be interested to know how the FM Towns version of Emerald Dragon is like...

Azazel
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Azazel » Wed May 05, 2004 5:11 am

If you've played the MSX, PC88 or X68000 versions it's suppose to be like those version other than the improved graphics and videos. If you played the PCE there's quite a few and for Snes version there are major major differences. With how hard it is to get a hold of the FM Town version your just as well to get the rom and play the X68000 version. :D

Tatsujin
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Tatsujin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:35 am

i'm looking for some good marty sources inside japan (beside of yahoo-auctions). does anybody have some good connections? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 688/735 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:44 pm

There are none, unfortunately. :(
None that I know of anyway. I looked in Akiba many times, and only found make 4 games, that were of course, hentai.

Tatsujin
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Tatsujin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:36 am

yes, unfortunately that's right, as we talked about it last saturday! :(

but found some neat boxed marty auctions on yahoo today! so i have a basic question. which games runs only on the marty 2? since the auction only contents boxed marty 1 at the moment, but want to make sure, i can play all the good stuff also in the future, before i pick up one of them :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Tatsujin
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Tatsujin » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:47 am

hi guys und marty experts. may someone can help me out, please :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Return to “Site Feedback”