Should news be posted on the front page instead of forum?

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Should news clips be posted on the front page or the forum?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Should news be posted on the front page instead of forum?

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:14 am

Assuming that all the issues with the site are resovled one day, I was thinking of putting news blurbs on the front page. True, most of the news is about new games, and not old, but still might be convenient. Just a thought. :? Yes = Front Page No = Forum Sorry for the confusion. Hehe. Of course, I can't make any changes until I get my FTP password back.
Last edited by Gaijin Punch on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:39 am

Yes or no? I chose yes... ;) ...for having news on the front page 'or' the forum. Another "yes" for having it on the front page.

nutribrain
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby nutribrain » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:16 pm

I jump directly to the forum using my bookmarks. So the news should stay there :-)

Strychnine
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby Strychnine » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:54 am

From a current user's point of view - it doesn't really matter, I'll keep coming here no matter what, regardless of where the news is posted. However, posting news on the front page might attract more people to the site because they know its active. Granted you're hosted through classicgaming, but I mean, are they very strict about content? I hope they wouldn't be upset with you posting news about newer games? So I voted yes

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:46 am

They really don't actively check dick, to be honest. I guess the guy running Classic Gaming (not gamepspy) might say something, but as long as the older games are there, nobody cares. To be honest, I don't keep up w/ who runs Classic Gaming b/c the job changes kind of frequently. If I do get back into posting news clips, AND put it on the front page, I'll need to dig around and find some nice decorations. The current one wouldn't look good for little news blurbs.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Return to “Site Feedback”