Article translations

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Article translations

Postby zinger » Fri May 13, 2005 7:03 am

I've been going through the articles section in the last few days and just finished reading the Cave interview regarding Ibara. Just wanted to say thanks for taking your time translating these, your work is very much appreciated ;)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat May 14, 2005 11:07 am

No worries. That's about the only way I can keep my Japanese from going to shit while I'm in the US...other than talking to my wife that is. Pretty good excercise for the brain. I'll try to keep it up.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

brand1bil
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby brand1bil » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:24 pm

Yeah, I also just finished reading the Ibara-translation, very nice work Gaijin Punch! Looking forward for more stuff like this!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:56 pm

I posted the Dangun Feveron Q&A about a week ago, and I got another big one coming up by the weekend. Also Cave. Stay tuned!
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:21 pm

An onslaught of Progear no Arashi stuff. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/‾japangaming/bonus_info.php?type=translation&b=9&p=1

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Very nice. They seem like really nice people (the developers), BTW :)

icycalm
#1 video game and art theorist in his world

Postby icycalm » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:53 pm

I have a question. Is it legal to translate magazine articles/reviews and post them on your site? Personally, I am not bothered by the legal angle but I still like to know where I stand.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:33 pm

You know, I have no idea. I obviously don't think too many people will get bunged up about it since there's so much stuff out there. It's not exactly plagarism, now is it? I guess it's close though.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:10 am

No, no, it's definitely not plagiarism. You are not copying something, then changing some words and pretending it's yours. You credit the original authors. The point is, reproducing copyrighted material in any way, shape or form is illegal. Even translating... I am only bringing this up becuase I got a Japanese guy to translate Famtisu articles for me.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:54 am

Well, "news" falls into a very special category. Paraphrasing is definitely okay... not sure bout what I'm doing to be honest. Oh, well. Don't call the police.

icycalm

Postby icycalm » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:52 am

Well, if I do then I am screwed as well. I post illegal mp3s on my blog for christsake! edit: you better delete the last few posts in this thread.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:52 pm

awesome translations. have you got any in the pipeline? personally, the player interviews are my favourite. keep up the good work!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:11 pm

Yeah, I do have a few. Time is the issue at this point. There's about 3 short & sweet Cave ones I have here, and one semi-long one. There are some player interview oxtsu sent me, but I've just not gotten to them. Real work takes up a lot of my play time as well, unfortunately. Around New Years things should slow to a grinding hault though.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 am

not trying to twist your arm, but ibara and futari short-n-sweet player translations would be the bomb

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:53 am

The Futari ones are in the book, and of course, would be doable. I'd rather do the story and all that and have a full "hub" of stuff. The other translations I can do have some sort of stuff already done for them, and would complete the sections.

Where are the Ibara player interviews? PS2 instruction guide?

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:02 am

sorry, they're in the inh dvd booklets - i remember twe/eoj saying they were quite interesting

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:47 am

I've got that here somewhere. I'll have a look.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 pm

any chance of DOJ BLT translations...?
:)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Yeah. I have the booklet here on my desk, waiting, as I've had every intention of translating it thus far, but I've just gotten sidetracked to no end the last few weeks.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 am

jpj wrote:sorry, they're in the inh dvd booklets - i remember twe/eoj saying they were quite interesting

I actually translated about 90% of that stuff (Ibara) but it was lost when my hard drive crashed last summer. I no longer have the book from the DVD set, so would need some scans to start anew.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:39 am

Ouch!
Gotta get some type of external source (or learn about disk mirroring). I'm about to pull the trigger on two 500GB drives and make my old linux machine a por...err...file server.

EOJ
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby EOJ » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:07 am

I had all of my important stuff backed up on my external HDD, thankfully (research papers, pics, etc). Unfortunately I was working on this in the summer and my main HDD just crapped out one day, and these translations were in the small group of files that hadn't been backed up yet.

Oh well!

Return to “Site Feedback”