Initial D on Saturn

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Suetonius
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Initial D on Saturn

Postby Suetonius » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:13 am

I saw your average review of Initial D for the Saturn and I was wondering if it is worth buying. I am a huge fan of the Initial D TV series, and I love street racing. The only thing that I am afraind of is that if the game is not good, it may put me off the entire Initial D series. (just like those crap Evangellion games on the N64 and Saturn put me off eva for a while.) :-( You said that the handling in this game is much like Sega Rally, well I love the handling in Sega Rally. This is because I love drift racing. So how close esactly is the handling to Sega Rally?

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:54 am

I really only like one racing game at all -- Daytona, and that's more for nostalgia of getting wasted and racing my friends. Sega Rally does nothing for me. It's by no means a bad game from what I remember. If your'e a fan, and it's cheap, I see no harm in picking it up. It definitely did not make me throw down the controller, and as before, I don't much care for racing games. I had no clue what Gran Turismo looked like until like #3. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:21 am

only reason I got mine was at that time I was collecting all Saturn racing titles... it's truly awful... take my word for it... (I have fairly high tolerance regards to crap games but this is one of those exception...) :p

Suetonius
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Suetonius » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:53 am

Thanks for the advice DJ898. After reading your comments, I think that I might just get my PS2 moded and get the PS2 Initial D game made by Sega. BTW, do you know of any other sites where I can get more opinions on the Saturn game? I am a big fan of Initial D (and cars in general) so I might just wait till I go to Japan next year and can pick it much cheaper.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:31 am

Assembler has some pretty good import fans, although some are biased. Yakumo seeems to be more of a Saturn nut than anyone, but can be pretty objective when it comes to critiquing games. I didn't think this one was awful, but as before -- I don't know dick about 3d racing games. One of the only other ones I've played was Race On... terrible engine, but fun when youve had a few beers w/ the friends.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:24 am

Gaijin Punch wrote:Aterrible engine, but fun when youve had a few beers w/ the friends.
yep... few cans of beer do make any game no matter how crap they may be seem fine.. :D
kill_bill wrote: BTW, do you know of any other sites where I can get more opinions on the Saturn game? I am a big fan of Initial D (and cars in general) so I might just wait till I go to Japan next year and can pick it much cheaper.
I saw PS2 Initial D at local EB for around A$69.95 with 25% off sticker... For the review I used to check Yakumo and GaijinPunch review sections... :) I've gotton few PC Engine titles based on GaijinPunch's review... he he

Suetonius
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Suetonius » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:45 am

dj898 wrote: I saw PS2 Initial D at local EB for around A$69.95 with 25% off sticker... For the review I used to check Yakumo and GaijinPunch review sections... :)
So it was released in the west? never knew about that!

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:52 pm

No chance, esp. since US games don't go for $70 retail. But I'm curious about this remark as well...

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:59 am

it said A$ = Aust $. many of new release PS2/Xbox go for A$87-99 over here... reason why I only pick up when they having big sale with 20-50% off... :p

Suetonius
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Suetonius » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:26 am

A$89-99 is about US$65.00. New release games may seem more expensive here in Auistralia, but you have to remember that over here wages are higher.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:50 pm

Damn, Australia's getting exclusive localizations nowadays?

dj898
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby dj898 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 am

alright before we all jump in excitement let me go back and check EB again... I saw it on the PS2 used game section but who knows some mongrel put DVD in there... ? I will check out to be sure of it was PS2 release... but still if it was DVD it won't cost that much - more like A$29-35 for new DVD release... cheers

Mitsuhashi
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Mitsuhashi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:26 pm

i have INITIAL D special stage for ps2 jap version.
this game is my life ^^ all car of 1-2-3-4th stage,code to post the record on-line,ecc.. if you buy a gt pro by logitech.... you will never go out^^

Return to “Site Feedback”