Rarity?

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Rarity?

Postby CIT Seven Force » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:47 am

Hi, I was just wondering what your criteria for rarity are in the game database. Does it mean "hard-to-find" or "pricey"? For example, Akumajo Dracula X (PCE) is rated "quite rare", and it's not too cheap, but can easily be found in Japan. On the other hand Vampire Killer (MD) is rated "not very rare", although it is one of the most expensive MD games and not so easy to find, especially outside of Japan.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:52 pm

It USUALLY means rarity... there are mistakes though. Obviously if Vampire Killer says not rare, that's a huge error. It's rare, and expensive. For the most part, I tried to base it off how easily you'd find it in Akiahbara. Even w/ Dracula X, you'll probably only find it in Medialand, Trader 2, and Super Potatoe. Back when I wrote the writeup, Super Potatoe wasn't around, meaning there was basically two shops in the area that had it. That's rather rare. I try not to consider Yahoo Japan in it, since you can get pretty much anything there.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:06 pm

It usually means either rare or expensive or both from what I've seen. That's why a game like Radiant Silvergun could be considered quite rare yet be seen all the time on Ebay and Yahoo Japan. That's very strange for Vampire Killer. Must've been a typo or something.

Soma
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Soma » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:08 am

In the Panorama Cotton page it says "not very" rare but it always seems expensive. I think it is not as hard to find as other games and was wondering if this is why you said it is not very rare? I think games should be priced differently if they are complete.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:15 am

As far as I know, 5000 copies of Panorama Cotton were made, while there were about 50.000 copies of RSG produced.

Soma
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby Soma » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:31 pm

In the game data page it says that Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflct is "extremely" rare but I wanted to post this link to Ebay so I could help if anybody was looking for it. http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZakihabaraQ2dQ2dexpress The seller has lots of other items that people might like. There is a special Final Fantasy Gamecube that the seller says is the holy grail for a Gamecube collector. There is also a sealed What's Shenmue and a Sega Dreamcast Encyclopedia that might be useful.

Return to “Site Feedback”