Thanks for the MD additions

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

segasonicfan
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Thanks for the MD additions

Postby segasonicfan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:33 am

It's great to see how far this site has come in just a few short years. My favorite part of course is the MD section since I'm a die-hard collector of the system. Thanks from the update, I always look forward to reading your to-the-point analysis. Of course, I think everyone's too hard on Light Crusader :P I actually really enjoyed that game even though I despise RPGs. Maybe Treasure was catering to me? ;) -Segasonicfan

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:59 pm

Hey -- glad to see you show up here. It's been a while. You can thank citcelaid for the MD additions. He wrote them, and donated the scans. PC Engine Hunter has donated quite a few MCD scans as well, but I've not yet gotten to them. I'm spending most of my time migrating the database over to the new (hopefully better) server. Kind of stupid to add stuff, just to move it again, ya know?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Re: Thanks for the MD additions

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:25 pm

segasonicfan wrote:Of course, I think everyone's too hard on Light Crusader :P

Hmm, sorry about that, but I was just really overwhelmed with boredom by this game, and even the technical side isn't that impressive, IMO. I know I'm not alone with this opinion either. But anyway, you can of course feel free to like this game, as I'm sure it can have it's merits.

Gaijin Punch wrote:You can thank citcelaid for the MD additions. He wrote them, and donated the scans.

Although I'd love to take credit for the scans, they came from you, GP. :)

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:27 pm

^^^^^Haha, I forgot to log in. :D

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:51 pm

I forgot to turn off Guest posting. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

segasonicfan_

Postby segasonicfan_ » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:59 am

citcelaid-- you are definitely not alone in your opinion...the vast majority of gamers agree with you. Technically I was impressed with the graphics though...a very decent looking RPG for a time when things like Sword of Vermillion were floating around. All I know is I really enjoyed the game and played it all the way through. Sure, it's not of Treasure's best, but I enjoyed it. My opinions can sometimes be far from the majority though. I think I'm the only person alive who doesn't like Gunstar Heroes (Genesis version). I found that game extremely annoying. However, the Game Gear version is a technical marvel and oddly enough much more enjoyable to play. I also really liked the new Super Gunstar Heroes. I'm a huge fan of treasure though, especially their MD stuff. Yu Yu Hakusho, Alien Soldier, and Dynamite Headdy are true masterpieces of gaming.

Paul, great to be back here in such a long while :) As aforementioned, you've done some terrific things with the site.

-Segasonicfan

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:00 am

segasonicfan_ wrote:Technically I was impressed with the graphics though...a very decent looking RPG for a time when things like Sword of Vermillion were floating around.

Err, you really can't compare the 2. IIRC, Sword of Vermilion was the 3rd MD RPG back in 1989 whereas Light Crusader was like the 3rd to last MD RPG in 1995. Of course Light Crusader would look better.

That said, I think Light Crusader is an average ARPG due to it being strictly a dungeon crawler, a sub-genre I really don't like. I played the game back when it was released expecting something like Beyond Oasis with various locales but instead found myself in the dungeon all the time.

Then again, my tastes are probably generally even further from the majority's. While Gunstar Heroes is one of my fave sidescrollers and Dynamite Headdy is really fun, I found Yu Yu Hakusho a fighter with poor gameplay and Alien Soldier a monotonous sidescroller. Thus, I can certainly respect your opinions although let them be fair opinions.

Return to “Site Feedback”