Competition Suggestion Thread

Remember what it's like to play for score? Post yours in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

ave
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby ave » Sat May 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Greatsaintlouis wrote:Wikipedia lists PSX and Saturn ports by Xing; is this another one of those rare and spendy releases ala Image Fight/X-Multiply?

I don't know about the quality of the PSX-port, but the Saturn one is excellent. It doesn't cost as much as the Arcade Gears games, *only* about 30-40$ and as an arranged soundtrack, an introduction as well as some other goodies like a new title screen, staff rolls and whatnot.

Another suggestion for a competition:

Gigandes (East Technology, 1987)
ImageImage

Just for the sake of playing a really old, obscure arcade game that nobody gives a shit about. ;)

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat May 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Wolf Fang was dumped about a year ago and works fine in mame.

The world version, Rohga, is completely idiotic as they removed all the branching paths in the game in addition to all the cutscenes. This means there is 5 stages in it instead of 12, uugh.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 am

That's good. I'll look in the usual spots. Terrible to hear about the western Rom. So stupid.

I'll let you proctor this one, Macaw. I'd suggest 2 weeks though. :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sun May 09, 2010 2:23 am

Haha you must be reading my mind or something, I was gonna suggest 2 weeks so that people have an easier time soaking in the crazy amount of content in this game while still be able to play at a casual pace.

I'll start a thread up soon.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Return to “Score Attack”