Dyna Gear

Remember what it's like to play for score? Post yours in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

undamned
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby undamned » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 am

Macaw wrote:Lots of sites have it as 'Dyna Gears' because that is how it was incorrectly named when it was first added to MAME.

I've thought it was "Dyna GearS" forever because of the logo. Maybe it's just an artistic way of ending the word "gear" but it sure looks to me like an "s" at the end.

Ok, so I had a chance to play through my new Dyna Gear(s) PCB and unfortunately mine is an English ver. too :(

... although, I do know someone who just happened to win an auction for another one ;)
-ud
icycalm wrote:No one is really in a position to critique me at this point in time, because all who try are uneducated.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:34 am

Yeah, interested to see this one. There was one a few weeks ago that was posted on YJ, but the title screen looked the same. We might have to dig a bit deeper. Is there a copyright screen in this game?
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

undamned
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby undamned » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Not on mine. It just has a Sammy logo splash screen for a second or two (probably during a quick hardware init.) and then jumps right into the title screen. I was wondering if maybe in the test menu it says anything of value (if there is a test menu. I've yet to dork w/ the dip-switches at all).
-ud
icycalm wrote:No one is really in a position to critique me at this point in time, because all who try are uneducated.

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Bumpy. For the guys who researched the staff, do you know anything about a possible connection between NMK and Data East? In both Sly Spy (DECO) and Riot (NMK) there are dead RoboCops in the background. Is it possible this means something more than Japanese liking Robocop?

Return to “Score Attack”