The Punisher

Remember what it's like to play for score? Post yours in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

The Punisher

Postby JoshF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:04 pm

Code: Select all

RANK - NAME - STAGE - SCORE

Code: Select all

1. JoshF      Stage 5  3,306,000
2. ---------- ----- -  -,---,---
3. ---------- ----- -  -,---,---
4. ---------- ----- -  -,---,---
5. ---------- ----- -  -,---,---

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:22 pm

You don't have a score for this Macaw?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Haha, only just checked this high score section now for the first time in ages, I totally forgot about it.

And damn, it was near the end of last year that I got a 1cc in the game, but I never wrote down what my score or anything was.

Awesomest last boss though haha, fattest beat em up/fighting game character ever!
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

saucykobold
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby saucykobold » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 am

saucykobold - All - 8,500,500

I'll try to post a few scoring tips tomorrow.

saucykobold
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby saucykobold » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 am

Words:

Down, up, attack is a great move for survival and score (Nick Fury's has a longer range). Hitting something with the tip of the move gives you 1500 points (in addition to the point value of the enemy or object). If you're patient, you can leech Pretty Boy robots for a ton of points. You can cancel the move into attack + jump at any time.

With your pistol drawn, face away from an enemy, then turn and fire at the same time. If the shot doesn't knock the enemy down, you'll get 1000 points instead of the usual 100.

If you beat the bonus stage with twenty shots (one per barrel), you'll get 640,000 points. If you waste even a single bullet, you'll get 240,000.

If you're facing one or more knife guys, you can simply punch in place. They'll walk or roll into your punch range before trying to slash. You'll also block knives that can add thousands of points to your end-of-stage tally. If you end a basic combo with a kick, a thrown knife might sneak in; I recommend holding down so you end with a forward throw.

Take food containers to the first, fifth, and sixth bosses (there's a meat container in the fourth boss' room). Kill the boss while the food is on-screen, then get it for an easy perfect bonus.
Scully: Take the barrel at the start of the stage all the way to the boss fight.
Guardroid 2: After killing three ninjas at the end of the stage, lift the top oil drum. Don't fight the ninjas on the drum's horizontal plane lest they accidentally destroy it.
Kingpin: There's a big fight at the end of the final hallway (I burn three grenades here). Kill the last enemy while the bottom box is on-screen, then take it.

Easy Kingpin strategy:
1. Go down and throw your box at the two mobsters. To hit both at once, wait a bit before throwing the box.
2. Vertical dash kick or grenade the Kingpin, knocking him down. (Some moves, like attack + jump, won't keep him knocked down as long.)
3. Lift his downed body and throw him. Do a running jump onto his chest and throw him again; repeat until he dies.

Precautions:
1. When he's lying down, you need to be near his chest to lift him. It's not enough to stand over his head. Also, you can't lift him shortly before he starts to get up.
2. Sometimes, a mobster and the Kingpin will be knocked down in roughly the same area. If you accidentally lift a mobster, just throw him at the risen Kingpin and continue the loop.
3. Never knock the Kingpin into a wall (he'll get up almost immediately).

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 am

Coolio. A couple more comments and you could have a great scoring guide here. Then, non-Chinese will be able to counter-stop the game too!

The Kingpin strategy will be helpful if I get into this game again. When I beat it I just used the desperation move and grenades in the corner.

Return to “Score Attack”