Demon Front

Remember what it's like to play for score? Post yours in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Demon Front

Postby Macaw » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:03 am

Just got hold of this and its too rad.

Format = Name - Character - Stage - Score
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Where's your score? :)
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 am

hahahahah 2 days and I've counter stopped it. The secret score orbs are BROKEN. They are the things that give you heaps of score as long as you are touching them, I've found one in the Valley and Station stages now. The thing is, the area that the one is in in the station has a big time limit, so you can just sit on it and just respawn when you die from the time out and milk it again and reach 999,999,990.

I think there might be a chinese revision of the game that goes into the billions of score but I'm not sure yet. If there is I'm gonna have to seek out that cart, because the combo system of the game is the fuckn funnest thing.

I'm still trying to fully combo an entire stage... I'm wondering if maybe its possible to counter stop it just from doing this. My highest is about 500 hits on the Valley stage, but if I manage to link the combo to the second area and then milk the boss for like another 1000 hits then the score increase would be crazy considering it seems very similar to dodonpachi.

And holy shit the graphics are unbelievable, especially the snow stage. Totally on par with Metal Slug.

If anyone is interested with score battle on the Japanese version, maybe we can just ban the secret orbs.

They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 pm

How much does this game cost?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 pm

Japanese version goes for around 10,000 yen give or take.

Mame lists 2 chinese versions of the game, v102 and v105. 105 could be the revision that fixes the counter stopping.

Right now I'm playing the game and ignoring the secret score orbs altogether, just trying to fully combo stages. Funnest score system in a platformer ever.

JoshF
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby JoshF » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:08 pm

I thought that was reasonable until I remembered you need a motherboard too. Where did you buy it?

And how about some video captures?

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Macaw » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 am

I got a mobo for 6000. Bought cart and mobo from yahoo auction japan. Fuck everytime I bid the first thing I remember is that gp provides a service too, gotta fuckn remember and stop using smj. The prices on yahoo are heaps cheaper than what I saw at Gfront and Mak, though I think they are the ones putting up the auctions anyway, they just try to rip people off in store a bit more.

There is a Korean pcb conversion of Demon Front as well.

As far as PGM goes I just gotta find the updated version of Demon Front, Chinese version of shen jian/ road of the sword (Japanese pcb is garbage, they took out most of the original music and replaced it with demon front music for some reason), KOV superheroes and the 2004 Oriental Legend update. Too bad its so damn hard to come across Chinese pgm carts.

Return to “Score Attack”