Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)?

Remember what it's like to play for score? Post yours in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)?

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 pm

The original Pac-Man has got to be one of my favorite games of all time, and while I was initially skeptical about the Jeff Minter-ed XBLA release, I have to say it really improves on the formula of the original in every way. I know the 360 is quite a bit newer than most systems that we have high-score competitions on, but does anyone have this and feel up for a challenge?
You also distaste me with passion!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 pm

360 games I own:
Death Smiles
Futari
Bayonetta

No XBLA.... :(
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Greatsaintlouis
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby Greatsaintlouis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:27 am

I'm not sure about in Japan, but the Arcade 360 was released for a time with a compilation disc that had the Pac-Man CE and a few other throwaway casual games, the sort that my wife plays for free on Facebook and I'm always yelling at her because of the horrible sounds. Anyways, the disc now turns up for $5 at Gamestop and the other gaming pawn shops, which is a sweet buy as the download is 800 XBLA points, and this means I actually have a hard copy.

Ah, here we go, looks like they did the same thing: http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m67325464

Anyways, it's a blast if the original Pac-Man has ever even remotely interested you. The game is timed in either 5 or 10 minute sections depending on the mode, so it's a score attack the whole way through. There's an XBLA demo that gives you a good feel for the title.
You also distaste me with passion!

Return to “Score Attack”