[SAT] Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Remember what it's like to play for score? Post yours in here.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

schadenfreude
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

[SAT] Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Postby schadenfreude » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:22 am

I just started getting into this last week after I moved on from the original (no 1CC, sadly!). Zwei's controls are a hell of a lot smoother — plus there's the cute dragon evolution thing and multiple routes through the episodes — but I think I prefer most of the stages and bosses from the original (I was surprised and disappointed when I realized that the boring tutorial-esque, boss-lacking first part of the game is actually the first episode!), plus the original's music, which seems more memorable (episode 3 being a standout).

One thing that really irks me is how much dead time there is in the game. I don't recall how much this happened in the first game, but there are several times where you'll complete a segment of an episode and then there will be silence, sometimes lasting for 10 seconds or longer! I'd prefer as little fluff as possible if I plan to play these stages repeatedly.

I've only gotten to the final boss once, though I don't recall my score. I'm going to try to get there tonight!

Code: Select all

1: schadenfreude       332,550      6
Last edited by schadenfreude on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Re: Panzer Dragoon Zwei [SAT]

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:51 pm

I 1CC'ed this ages ago. Still got it somewhere. Maybe I'll bust it out. Really quality game although it hasn't aged perfectly.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Re: [SAT] Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Postby zinger » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Got this recently, but I have already sold it. I agree about the original being a better game overall, what a ride! The atmosphere in the opening episode, as well as the sheer speed at which you move through Episode 4 totally blew me away. Zwei is not bad, but It didn't make nearly as big an impression on me. Don't forget to get Orta on the Xbox if you haven't already!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Zwei's soundtrack is leaps and bounds better though. Overall, I think I like it better TBH.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

schadenfreude
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby schadenfreude » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:07 am

Indeed, but then Azel's soundtrack blows them both away. ;)

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:53 am

schadenfreude wrote:Indeed, but then Azel's soundtrack blows them both away. ;)

Most definitely. I think I still have the double CD here somewhere.

Return to “Score Attack”