[PS2] News on PS2 Valken game

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Macaw
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

[PS2] News on PS2 Valken game

Postby Macaw » Thu May 27, 2004 10:28 am

This is what www.the-magicbox.com says: X-nauts will release Assault Suits Valken for PlayStation 2 in Japan on August 26, a remake of the classic SFC mech. action shooter from 1992. The game will have enhanced graphics and sound, while the operation and levels are left untouched. I cant beleive it! This must mean really good sprite graphics!!! And considering that Cybernator was in my opinion the best Assault suits game (Leynos 2 came close) this should be a definite pick up.
Ara Ararauna, Blue and Gold Macaw, 32-34 inches
They are adaptable, and enjoy being in social situations. They readily become adept at performing tricks, and seem to love doing so. Cost:$900-1400

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu May 27, 2004 11:15 am

That is fantasitc news! I'll definitely be picking that up. Valken is a quality game... I'm hoping more people jump in on the retro train, ya know! Again, thanks for the post.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

evilmess
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby evilmess » Thu May 27, 2004 5:20 pm

I'm a big fan of the assault Suit games so I had to dig into this a little more. A little googling revealed the following. http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000068759.html Same game with better explosions? http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-70-468-4-1-71-r.html I wonder if it will be true to the original and include the infamous suicide scene or be more like the censored US Cybernator version?

ArnoldRimmer83
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby ArnoldRimmer83 » Thu May 27, 2004 7:24 pm

It's probably not likely a company will pick this up for a US release, but it would be nice if one did. It would be an opportunity to have an uncut version of the game, as Cybernator was censored.

zinger
Outta My Way
Outta My Way

Postby zinger » Thu May 27, 2004 8:22 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:That is fantasitc news! I'll definitely be picking that up. Valken is a quality game... I'm hoping more people jump in on the retro train, ya know! Again, thanks for the post.
Yeah, I'd love a new EX Ranza. :roll:

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu May 27, 2004 11:11 pm

One would think they'd keep it true to the original, but I guess we won't know for a while. Looks like an end of summer release... it's definitely going on my to buy list. I just hope all the big shot 3D title don't drown out any info we might see prior to release.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

cfabian
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby cfabian » Fri May 28, 2004 2:15 am

Looks interesting. I never had the chance to play the SFC version (or even the trimmed down US release), so I may consider getting this as well.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri May 28, 2004 2:59 am

It (as well as the Saturn Assault Suit Leynos 2) are great games, they're just hard as nails. You might as well play a ROM of the SFC game b/c so you can use savestates. :D

Strychnine
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby Strychnine » Fri May 28, 2004 10:47 am

The Magic Box has shots up now if anyone is interested. It IS staying true the original! Excellent! http://www.the-magicbox.com/0405/game052704a.shtml

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri May 28, 2004 11:46 am

I might have to take back every bad thing I've ever said about Magic Box. :) Am I going mad, or does it say Masaya AND Psikyo in the upper right corner of the box?

Return to “Japanese Video Games”