Neo Geo Section?

Voice your site-related complaints, rants, suggestions or whatever

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

segasonicfan
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Neo Geo Section?

Postby segasonicfan » Tue May 30, 2006 11:54 pm

Just a thought....maybe you should have a Neo Geo section for the MVS, AES, and NGPC systems? I know SNK is far more popular in Japan than they are in the states.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed May 31, 2006 1:17 am

I would gladly add it if someone could do the writing. I know almost nothing of the system other than the Metal Slugs and Twinkle Star Sprites. 2D fighters aren't my thing.

I have some decent scans, although these days I'm trying to only add really high quality ones.

jpj
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby jpj » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:02 pm

neogeoforlife is a great site for reviews and general info on the neo. and it's run by a brit, so you automatically get 99% less assclown than N-G

the reviews awesome though. really trust this guy's opinion (kazuya that is - some of the others are a bit fanboy-ish)

[i can't seem to post links yet, sorry]

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 pm

You'll have to pump you count a bit. It's an anti-spam measure (and it works like a champ, to be honest). I have loads of NGCD scans (20-30 at least) I've just not put any time on the games, so makes writing about them pretty impossible.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:11 am

I'm a big fan of Neo Geo and SNK fighting games, so if you need some help I'm glad to offer it, time permitting.
Tell me what you need, I can maybe write some little descriptions / reviews

Mappy
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Mappy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:14 am

Oh, sorry, I posted a message without logging in:

I'm a big fan of Neo Geo and SNK fighting games, so if you need some help I'm glad to offer it, time permitting.
Tell me what you need, I can maybe write some little descriptions / reviews

What I wrote is still valid!

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:59 pm

I will write a list of the scans I've got. At the moment, it's mostly Neo Geo CD. I think it all is, actually. :|
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:34 pm

I've played almost everything on the Neo-geo, I would be more than happy to do reviews.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:I've played almost everything on the Neo-geo, I would be more than happy to do reviews.

I will make a list of what NGCD scans I have. I have a couple of AES scans, but like 2 at most. Whomever wants to add some love, can!

RadiantSvgun
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby RadiantSvgun » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:57 pm

That was me, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I've only played the cartridge stuff, not the CD stuff.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:49 pm

RadiantSvgun wrote:That was me, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I've only played the cartridge stuff, not the CD stuff.

Other than loading times, they should be the same, no?

RadiantSvgun
Respected Poster
Respected Poster

Postby RadiantSvgun » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:51 pm

There were some CD-only releases. Like Crossed Swords II. Never got a chance to play that one.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Gaijin Punch wrote:
RadiantSvgun wrote:That was me, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I've only played the cartridge stuff, not the CD stuff.

Other than loading times, they should be the same, no?

About the same. Many have arranged soundtracks. Some have new stuff gained, some have conversion deficiencies.

CIT Seven Force
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby CIT Seven Force » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:20 pm

That would be a good reason to make specifically a Neo Geo CD section. Then we could shed some light on how certain CD versions differ (for better or worse) from the carts, as I haven't yet found a Neo Geo site that really goes into this.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:21 pm

I would probably start off with an "other" section, and include some Xbox/GC titles that I think are worth mentioning, and when there's 20 or so NG titles, branch it off. There could be multiple listings for AES & CD. The thing is, getting AES scans these days is a trick for the expensive games. I don't pick them up for a lot of people due to cost. I do get my hands on some from time to time though.

Return to “Site Feedback”