[PS3/360] Hokuto Musou

Talk about all aspect of Japanese games.

Moderator: Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

[PS3/360] Hokuto Musou

Postby Gaijin Punch » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Okay, this Musou "series" is really mindless as far as I can tell, and usually just goes over my head so I never bother, but it seem Hokuto no Ken was made for it. I've never really liked Hokuto no Ken in anything more than a tribute to the 80's capacity, but this might work.

Hokuto Musou
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

undamned
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby undamned » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18 am

I think this is the same game...
-ud
icycalm wrote:No one is really in a position to critique me at this point in time, because all who try are uneducated.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 am

Yeah... but Dynasty Warriors is a lame name. Almost anything with "Warriors" in it after 1995 is weak.
Rade wrote:Finally received a reply by posting in a thread at that Gaijin forum:

undamned
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby undamned » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:12 pm

I have to agree that it not a timeless name. For some reason, when I was going through old "warriors" references in my mind, Guardians of the Hood popped up. That's one of those games that is so horrid you enjoy it. I actually picked up the PCB for that very reason.

Back on topic. Clover needs to step up and do a Godhand game for a "next gen" console. That game has so much awesome packed in it. I got to the 2nd to last boss and kept getting my butt kicked. Still need to finish that thing. When was the last time you literally got to spank your enemies?
-ud
icycalm wrote:No one is really in a position to critique me at this point in time, because all who try are uneducated.

loempiavreter
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby loempiavreter » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:47 pm

undamned wrote:When was the last time you literally got to spank your enemies?

MadWorld

xorthen
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby xorthen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 am

Hokuto No Ken on the PS2/Atomiswave was badass. I still wonder why it wasn't released in North America. Yet, they are going to release Musou over here. Makes no sense.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Hokuto Musou hasn't been announced here yet. As for the ASW game, I doubt the US in general would've appreciated a 2D fighter.

xorthen
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby xorthen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that Hokuto Musou was making an english language appearance, not sure if it was North America or Pal region, but I could have sworn I read it somewhere.

Ganelon
Borderline recluse
Borderline recluse

Postby Ganelon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah, PAL-only so far. I can't blame them since they seem to appreciate the Musou games a lot more than the US folks do.

Mappy
Past The Newbie Stage
Past The Newbie Stage

Postby Mappy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 am

I read in a recent interview with a producer that they're going to 'improve the violence' 8whatever it means) for the western release of the game..
So that basically confirms it..

xorthen
Exchange Student
Exchange Student

Postby xorthen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Ganelon wrote:Yeah, PAL-only so far. I can't blame them since they seem to appreciate the Musou games a lot more than the US folks do.

Probably because Musou games are boring. I've only ever played them temporarily and I was bored while playing them. Also, Basara games are decent compared to the musou games I played.

Gaijin Punch
Supreme Leader
Supreme Leader

Postby Gaijin Punch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:00 am

Improve the Violence = more blood.

Return to “Japanese Video Games”